Would you like to ride from coast to coast through the Pyrenees with your friends but don’t have enough time to train?
This year, Transpyr offers you the chance to discover this unforgettable adventure in a more relaxed way with TRANSPYR C2C RELAY; the Transpyr relay format. So you can enjoy the wonderful landscapes of the Pyrenees and share this extraordinary mission with your group.
TRANSPYR C2C RELAY is designed to participate in a group of four riders.
How does it work:
– Teams must be of 4 cyclists. Riding in pairs with a relay in the middle of each of the stages of TRANSPYR COAST TO COAST.
– The teams can decide at each stage who start in the first relay and who in the second. And they must inform Race Office – the organization office – every morning before the start.
– Only one change will be allowed during the stage and this will be done exclusively in the second food station, which is located approximately in the middle of the stage. When performing the relay, the incoming participants must carry the GPS of the outgoing participants to ensure that the organization can verify the route.
– If for any reason one of the cyclists of the first or second section should leave, the participant that is on the route can continue the tour alone. In this case this participant should try to circulate with other participants of other teams.
– In case that one of the members of the group should definitely leave and the team will have only 3 members, the team can continue to participate next stage but will have to rent a geolocation device in the Race office (50,-€ cost for rentin + caution). The participant that will ride alone, must carry active and above this device at all times during the part of the stage that he performs alone and should try to ride with some other group.
– Teams participating in the TRANSPYR C2C RELAY modality will not be eligible with TRANSPYR FINISHER distinction but they will also be recognized for completing the whole route within the time limits set by the organization.
– Each team is responsible for organizing the logistics of the relays themselves. The organization does not supply the transport to the place of the relay or the subsequent transfer until the end of stage. It is a modality that fits very well with the use of a motor home type vehicle.
– Those riders registered in this modality will also be subject to the general regulations of Transpyr such as the Transpyr registration rules, as well as the particular regulations of Transpyr Gran Raid 2018. You can consult these regulations here.
– Registration must be done via the official registration page of TRANSPYR: HERE. It is important that all four members indicate the same team name.
For more information, you can writ us at: email@example.com