E-TRANSPYR C2C regulation
The E-Transpyr is done fulfilling the same regulations that Transpyr Coast to Coast, with the following differences:
1. Type of bicycle: The electric bicycles that can participate in E-Transpyr must meet the following requirements:
- Only those that provide electric help when pedaling will be considered e-bike. It is not allowed the installation of mechanisms that run the engine without movement of the bottom bracket by the cyclist. All e-bikes that do not respect these premises will be considered mopeds for all purposes and cannot participate.
- Maximum speed assisted: 25km / h. From this speed, the electric aid is switched off. The walking aid button allows the engine to be driven at a maximum speed of 6km / h, but mechanical or electrical mechanisms are not allowed to cancel the engine at 25km / h.
- Maximum motor power: 250W.
- Participants in the E-Transpyr may be required to undergo technical checks prior to departure and upon arrival. The organization might also perform surprise checks on the course.
2. Batteries: Because of the characteristics of the itinerary (length and especially elevation meters), a single battery doesn’t have enough autonomy in order to complete a Transpyr Coast to Coast stage. For this reason, we recommend bringing at least 2 batteries.
The organization will take this second battery (or as many as you want) to different food stations along the route. Each participant can choose in which food station (1, 2 or 3) want to have the battery or batteries, leaving it/them in one of the collection boxes appointed by the organization before the start of the stage.
3. Charging: The organization guarantees recharging points for the batteries in a few food stations. The participants who want to have his/her charger at these points should follow the same instructions as with the spare batteries.
It is not a duty of the organizers to recharge the spare batteries for the participants.
4. Departure time: Participants at the E-Transpyr may take the start as group before or after the participants with normal bicycles. The organisation will inform about it in the briefings.
5. Finisher recognition: Participants at the E-Transpyr will not have the same Finisher recognition as participants in Transpyr Coast to Coast, although they will receive a memory of participation.