How does it work:
– Teams must be of 2 cyclists or 4 cyclists. Riding in solo (1×1) or pairs (2×2) with a relay in the middle of each of the stages of TRANSPYR COAST TO COAST.
– The teams can decide at each stage who start in the first relay and who in the second. And they must inform Race Office – the organization office – every morning before the start.
-The participants in the 1×1 modality (teams of 2 cyclists, relay in solo) are required to carry a geolocator provided by the organization.
– Only one change will be allowed during the stage and this will be done exclusively in the second food station, which is located approximately in the middle of the stage. When performing the relay, the incoming participants must carry the GPS of the outgoing participants to ensure that the organization can verify the route. In case of participating in Transpyr Relay C2C 1X1 modality they will also have to transfer the geolocator device in order to allow the organisation to monitor the position for safety reasons.
– For riders in Transpyr Relay C2C 2X2 modality: If for any reason one of the cyclists of the first or second section should leave, the participant that is on the route can continue the tour alone. In this case this participant should try to circulate with other participants of other teams.
– Also for ridders in the Relay C2C 2X2 modality: in case that one of the members of the group should definitely leave and the team will have only 3 members, the team can continue to participate next stage but will have to rent a geolocation device in the Race office. The participant that will ride alone, must carry active and above this geolocation device at all times during the part of the stage that he performs alone and should try to ride with some other group.
– Teams participating in the TRANSPYR C2C RELAY will not be eligible with TRANSPYR FINISHER.
– Each team is responsible for organizing the logistics of the relays themselves. The organization does not supply the transport to the place of the relay or the subsequent transfer until the end of stage. It is a modality that fits very well with the use of a motor home type vehicle.
– Those riders registered in this modality will also be subject to the general regulations of Transpyr such as the Transpyr registration rules, as well as the particular regulations of Transpyr Gran Raid 2020 availabe in this website.
– Registration must be done via the official registration page of TRANSPYR: HERE (Transpyr Relay C2C 1X1) and HERE (Transpyr Relay C2C 2X2). It is important that all four members indicate the same team name.
For more information, you can write us at: email@example.com